Friday, January 11, 2008

tofu cheesecake and a broken toe
This is a story from a while ago. I guess there isn't much going on right now worth mentioning here, and I really don't want to talk about the holiday mashed potato goo incident.
Anyway, back to the tofu and toe. My tofu cheesecake was almost done baking. I was lounging on the davenport with piedmont waiting for the timer to sound. As the beeping began I jumped to my feet and headed for the kitchen. Then disaster struck. Unable to navigate the step between the living room and kitchen while running in my oversize slippers I went down. I actually navigated the little toe of my right foot into the step, causing the fracture. Ouch! Then I fell onto my knees and arm on the hardwood floor unable to properly put my hands out to catch myself due to the empty dinner plate I was carrying. Don't run with scissors or dinner plates. I lay there writhing in pain next to my food coated plate, piedmont came and stared at me. As the beeping continued, I sent him to check on the tofu cheesecake. A burnt pan of tofu could only make things worse. The story continues with limping through day long working interviews, hours at the urgent care, and daily buddy taping. Who knew a broken toe could hurt so bad. It is probably no coincidence that I haven't made a tofu cheesecake since.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burnt tofu...Piedmont...something else...can't remember.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home